Goals & Procedures
Our key goals are as follows:
1. Support adults aged 60 years and older to maintain their independence.
2. Maximize efficient service delivery through the consolidation of resources.
3. Promote health and wellness activities for adults aged 60 years and older.
In order to meet these goals, our objective is to provide services that include:
- Case management
- Health promotion
- Information and assistance
- Senior nutrition including:
- Congregate and home-delivered meals
- Transportation services
- Volunteer opportunities
The Taos County Senior Program is operated for seniors under the guidelines established by the Older Americans Act and the Area Agency on Aging.
The Senior Centers are governed by Taos County a local government division and the Board of Commissioners.
The Taos County Senior Program follows these procedures:
- Taos County Senior Program ensures that all eligible participants will have an equal opportunity to access the services provided by the agency.
- Taos County Senior Program will strive to offer on-going services as intended by using existing human and facility resources.
- Taos County Senior Program will strive to advocate for the needs of the elderly through provision and development of services.
- Taos County Senior Program affirms that it will not discriminate against any eligible individual who desires to utilize its service, because of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, social and or, economic status.
- Taos County Senior Program will not condone any act of discrimination by its employees to eligible individuals who desire to access services that are available.