Taos County will maintain various internal controls and operating mechanisms to ensure proper management of County funds. Taos County will also issue timely payments of goods and services rendered.
In addition, Taos County will also work diligently to assure collection responsibility of various income and apply these resources appropriately. The County will retain detailed and accurate files for public review and substantiate all income and expenses which will provide the public with a clear understanding regarding the management and use of public funds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Budget preparation and implementation
- Coordinating annual external audits
- Directs and coordinates year-end closing functions
- Monitors enterprise accounts for billing and collection procedures and implements County-wide compliance with:
- Accounts Payable
- Assets Management
- Grants Administration
- Procurement Policies
- Performs monthly tasks, including monthly and quarterly reconciliations. The processing of budget adjustments (BARs) and reports required by the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration: Local Government Division.
- Prepares budget adjustments, performs various budget analysis and tracks and monitors capital improvement and grant-related projects.
- Tracks and monitors various cash balances and expenditures
For questions regarding accounts payable, please send correspondence to: email@example.com